Instead of focussing on the negative, what is not happening to my liking, I have been tasked looking at the everyday things to be grateful about. It is not easy at times to do this, but I am trying. I know that living or talking about the negative is only draining and self defeating. It serves no purpose beyond venting.
- A baby was born, a first grandchild to my SO, healthy and loved. The mother was ill but has recovered.
- I have work every day this week, plus two additional workshops. I had work every day last week: the majority of the week filled with a process drama workshop that I led, that was most satisfying.
- My daughter graduated with her Bachelors and was on a national honor society listing.
- My son-in-law also graduated, with his Masters.
- A friend celebrated his birthday, one who I was afraid we’d lose to cancer a number of years ago, and has remained “clean”.
- My cousin reached out to me, with concern and a possible lead to someone who might help with the job search.
So…things to feel grateful for, alongside my many friends, my SO, a place to live, food to eat.
Let me concentrate on all that.
Posted on May 28, 2013, in Caring, counseling, Family, Friends, Inspiration, Love, Mindfulness, Support, Transformation and tagged caring, compassion, God, jobless, jobs, love, Talking to God, unempolyment. Bookmark the permalink. 7 Comments.