First: I miss the Rabbi. I know I’ve only really just begun a journey in the spiritual path, but with barely seeing her in December and not at all in January…I’m feeling, in some ways, that I’m missing a component. On the other hand, when I use the tools she has given me in the way of prayers and meditations, I do feel a connection that goes beyond myself. I’m curious where things will be once February begins and we can resume our talks.
I have to remind myself that I am doing things to climb out of how I’ve been feeling and getting some solid grounding under me. Sometimes, I get overwhelmed by the amount of things that need to happen, things I have to get past. Yes, everyone tells me the same: “a little bit at a time!” My patience level, which has always been low in certain areas, is definitely getting tested here. So, the list:
- Set up the first D.T.S.S. gathering (donate, toss, sell, save): friends & family coming over to help me go through closets, cabinets, etc. I’m sure I’ll need at least two more of these days over the next few months.
- Saying the prayers daily; meditation stuff almost daily
- Job Search: every day, I look for jobs online; Resumes go out about every other day
- Taking as many PT jobs as I can, as they come up
- Not spending on incidentals
- Selling some things on Amazon (no luck with ebay…yet): this is also getting rid of some of MY clutter
- Reaching out to friends & loved ones often
- Reaching out to job, financial and legal counselors
- Writing this blog, just about daily
- Hand writing a journal when I don’t have computer access.
- Reading again.
- Not using my bedroom as the only place to be in the apartment (that is still a hard one)
- Playing Words With Friends (it actually does calm me down, usually)
- Starting to write some fiction again
- Hired to be a Theater Arts Consultant: not what I was expecting; this is a “let’s see where this will take me” type of thing
OK…it’s a good list. A good start.
Posted on January 20, 2013, in Caring, counseling, Despair, Family, Friends, Grief, Healing, Inspiration, Loneliness, Love, Meditations, Mindfulness, Prayers, Spiritual, Support, Therapy, Transformation and tagged anxiety, caring, compassion, coping, counseling, focus, frustration, giving thanks, God, hope, jobless, jobs, Loneliness, love, mental health, patience, pure soul, rededication, searching for work, strength, Talking to God, understanding, unempolyment. Bookmark the permalink. 8 Comments.